Retro Rubber Challenge Blog #93 - Tic Tac Toe

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Hello everyone!

I am here with Retro Rubber Challenge blog and we have a new challenge, which is a fun tic tac toe created by design team member Jan Clothier! I hope you have been enjoying her tic tac toe games, because I have!

The stamp set I used is a retired set from Stampin Up called Nailed It and coordinating Build It Framelits Dies which was release in April 2017.  This set is a wonderful set to have in your stash because I don't know about you, I never seem to have many stamps I can use for a masculine card.  It would be nice if Stampin Up would bring this set back.

If you have not joined our challenges before, the rules are very simple, just use a stamp older than a year and you must include the age (or approximate age) of the stamp in your blog post. Here is the sketch for you to use. I cannot wait to see you take on it.

No automatic alt text available.

My tic tac toe card is die cut or punch, washi tape and masculine.  My card is an A2 card, I used the dies to created the background, I stamped the hammer and die cut it, then die cut the white octagon and added my sentiment.  I added the embossed panel that measure 4 x 5 1/4 to my card front, added the bottom design paper and then added a strip of washi tape on top of the paper.  I then added the silver die cut strip, the octagon shape with the sentiment I used pop dots to adhere it to my card and lastly I added the hammer.  This card would be great to give a  man for a promotion or something he did well!


Are you ready to play along? Be sure to stop over on the Retro Rubber Challenge blog to get some more inspiration! Thank you for stopping by, you have until August 24th to join the fun!

I did not create a supply list, because most of the items I used on my card are retired.  Everything I used on the card is from Stampin Up.  Here is a picture of what the set looks like:





3 comments :

  1. Donna, this is fabulous! The composition is great, the colours are perfect and it totally nails masculine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! I thought the embossed panel was an actual embossing folder until I read your post, WOW!! that is so totally clever and creative, I've heard about this technique and I think it's awesome, I need to give it a try.
    Awesome layout and details, fab card.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Donna, so perfectly masculine..although I shudder at the thought of my Hubby anywhere near a hammer..Emergency room would follow soon after LOL. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs
Follow Me on Pinterest