Can you believe we are almost at the end of January......here in Virginia, we have not gotten any snow and it has been relatelively warm for this area. I am enjoying it while it last, because we still have February to go.
I am here with CottageCutz to share with you another Valentine card. I know I have told you before, but I love the colors of Valentine's, I love red and pink with black. Today, I am sharing with you a red and black card. There are several newly released Valentine dies that you just have to see. Go over to the CottageCutz store and check them out.
I am using the new CottageCutz Fancy Heart and the Valentine's Day Phase on my card. These sets are adorable and so easy to assemble. See below on how I put my card together.
inside of the card:
Here is how I put my card together:
1. My card is an A2 card (4 1/4 x 5 1/2). I cut a layer (red), which measures 4 x 5 1/4. I die cut all the pieces I need for my card.
2. I wanted to create a frame in the front of my card, so I took the fourth circle to the largest from the CottageCutz Circle Set, found the center of the card. I used some re-positional tape to keep the circle from slipping.
3. After I die cut the circle, I took the red layer from my card and die cut another circle using the third to the largest circle. I die cut the circle, embossed it and adhered the layer onto the black card.
4. I cut out two of the "Fancy Hearts", I used some foam tap and put the two hearts together. This would give the heart more dimension.
5. I have a little trick for all those intricate dies. The "Valentine Phrase" die is some intricate and dainty, I took some double stick tape and put it on the back of the black piece that I was cutting the sentiment out of. I laid my die on the top of the black piece and ran it through my die cutting machine.
6. When I took the paper away from the die, this is what it looks like, the adhesive is already onto the words. I added this onto my card and finished it off by adding some sequins.