Live, Create and Discover!

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Hello everyone,

It's May and it's time for another blog hop with the Craft Hoarders! You should be coming to my blog from Gloria Stengel, after visiting me, hop over to Tracey Sabella next! To start at the beginning of the hop, and for the full list of Bloggers, go to Gloria's Blog and the list is at the bottom of this post!

I am sharing with you how I used the Tim Holtz Distress Crayons. I took a class last week using the crayons on cards, but I wanted to try using them with canvas. I really love the versatility of the crayons, how they react when a little water is added, it's amazing the effect you get!

This is a long post, so sit back and sip on some coffee and enjoy reading how I put my project together!


How I put my canvas piece together....

I started with using a Dina Wakley Media Board (4x6). I started drawing with the crayons, sprayed a little bit of water and blended the crayons with your fingers. You can go back and add more crayon if you want more color. I added Add Walnut Stain around the edges so you would not see the chipboard.
I used my heat tool to dry the piece.



After I dried the canvas piece, I used a couple of stencils and took a baby wipe and wiped the crayon away to get the effect.  

I randomly added Remnant Rubs.using the rub tool randomly over the canvas. I used the stamp set Natures Moments and stamped it on the corner with ranger Archival Ink.





For the butterflies, I took a piece of cardstock and used some distress inks to make a background. Then I flcked some water to get the water stains.

I didn't like the butterflies, so I made another sheet of distress inks, so they butterflies would not have the same colors.  I used picked raspberry, peacock feathers and spiced marmalade.


I cut and embossed the butterflies using the Butterfly Duo Bigz and Texture fades. I then sponged some vintage photo distress ink over the embossed area.




I finished my canvas piece with adding some gumdrops that I added spice marmalade stain and then rubbed some vintage photo over them so they would not be so bright.  Spattered some black distress stain and added the pen nibs to the butterflies.  I hung the canvas piece with the Tim Holtz display hanger, I added the word "live" at the tope of the hanger using label letters.....whew, I believe that is it!  If I missed anything and you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask me a question.

Thanks so much for stopping by and seeing my project.   You should be heading over to Tracey Sabella, The design team has created some beautiful projects, please stop by their blogs and give them some love!  They love reading your comments, as I do.

Lastly, you may want to stop over at Debbie Seyer's blog, she has a giveaway, you just have to comment on her project.  Head on over to her blog and see all the details.

Craft Hoarders Anonymous Blog Hop List:
Gloria Stengel
Donna Idlet -  (you are here)
Tracey Sabella
Bonnie Garby
Debbie Seyer - giving away a prize!
Patti Hamil - new hopper!
Teresa Horner
Jacquie Southas
Vicki Robertson - back from extended vacation!
Wendi Robinson
Christy Houser
Amber Milone

Supplies used:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs
Follow Me on Pinterest