Gina K with My Sweet Petunia!

Tuesday, August 29, 2017


Hello everyone!

Welcome to Gina K Designs and the My Sweet Petunia’s Misti Blog Hop! You should be coming here from Susie Moore blog, next you will be going to Giovana Smith blog.  We are so happy you joined us for this fun collaboration blog hop. The design team has created some wonderful designs that will hopefully inspire you along the way. We all will be featuring the newly released Boho Flowers Mini Kit.




We have some great prizes all you have to do is leave a comment on each designer's blog (listed below).  You will be entered into a drawing for our hop prizes, which include winner's choice of  Original or Mini Misti or Gina K's upcoming newly released Stitched Leaves Mini Kit.   The deadline for commenting is September 5th at noon central time.  Winners will be posted on the My Sweet Petunia blog winners page and on the Gina K. Blog no later than Friday, September 8th.

Here is my card:




1.  I started out using Gina K. Design Ocean Mist premium dye ink for my masked off background,
2.  I then stamped largest flower from the Boho Flower Mini Kit with the Gina K. Onyx Black ink,



3.  I then masked the large flower and stamped the smaller flower from the kit,


4.  I left the larger flower masked and stamped the flower on the left side.

5.  I then positioned the "you" stamp from the Boho Flower Mini Kit and stamped it in the Gina K Onyx Black Ink,


6.  Hopefully you can see the grid that I printed on acetate.  I bought these acetate sheets from a local store, this acetate is specifically for inkjet printers.  The grid can be found on Splitcoaststampers website under My Sweet Petunia.  There are a number of tutorials and grids that you can download.  This grid helps you to line up sentiments or anything that you need lined up that you cannot do from the Misti.  Here I am lining up the sentiment under the already stamped "You". 


7.  I added the butterfly and finished the card off by adding some enamel dots in the middle of the flowers and on my card.

There you go....using the Misti is so perfect to get your stamps positioned where you want them and get a crisp and clean stamped image!  I don't know how I stamped before without it.  This is definitely the number one tool I go to for all my stamping needs!

Thank you for stopping by and please come back again soon!

Here is the list to join the hop.  You should be going to Giovana Smith next from my page.  Good luck everyone!

118 comments :

  1. Loving that beautifully soft inky background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft background and pretty butterfly. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Cool tip with the grid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the soft blue. Thanks for sharing and inspiring us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so elegant! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your background is so soft and pretty and only adds to the beauty of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely soft background. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card. Love the soft background so the other design elements pop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty! I need to get me one of those grids. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Donna! Love the inked background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. i love the soft background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the soft background. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very nice soft background, really makes the flowers pop.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the soft bg you created! Gorgeous Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card. I like the masked background.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the reminder of how to mask ... one can make their own lovely backgrounds! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty with the dark stamping on the subtle background

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful work, I need to start masking!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty Card. Love this stamp kit!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the sweet simplicity of this card Donna and how the one butterfly just "flies" off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty card. I love that soft background.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty card! Thanks for sharing about the acetate grid. I have that downloaded and never printed it. Love your steps.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That blue is heavenly ! I love the soft look of your card - so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pretty background color and Butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just love your card--the background is so soft and beautiful! Thanks for sharing your technique and inspiration! (Peg)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful and elegant card. Thanks for sharing your process!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty card! Love the blended blue halo! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice card!!! It gives me an idea for some stamps I have. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very lovely card! Your colors are so pleasing with the Boho Flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the soft colors,a card for many occasions

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely! Proof that a (mostly) one layer card isn't boring!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the soft colors you used for it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful card. Love your color pallet

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the simple look of the card and the soft background very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely card. I've tried printing on acetate but it never comes out right.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I HAVE to try that masked background. It looks so beautiful on your card. Love everything about your project!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful card. Thanks for the tip and link to the grid. Gotta check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Pretty center from masked border. So very even, Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Pretty card. Love background. Nice color.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful background for this pretty butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great card. Thanks for sharing the technique you used.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the background. So very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful card. I like the color you chose for your background.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love your sponged background. The ink looks so crisp and clean. Thanks for the tip about the acetate grid in the MISTI.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love the background, will have to look more into how you do that. Thanks for the grid tip!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful card and love the soft background!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I really like your sponged background. Beautiful card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  49. The soft blue background was really accentuated when you placed it on the black card base. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Beautiful card, I love my Misti!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love the sponged background. Thanks for the info. about the acetate grid.

    ReplyDelete
  52. great CAS card with a butterfly to make it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  53. those soft colors make a great card--one I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love the masked background. You are amazing, too! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Beautiful soft colored background, gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love the soft background color for the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I like the clean and simple look

    ReplyDelete
  58. Very pretty. The soft background really helps the flowers and the butterfly pop! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Simpl and beautiful. Congratulations.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  60. Clear and simple, my kind of card. The MISTI appears to make it easy to place the image exactly where you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Oh Donna! I love the way you did the background. So soft and lovely.
    BJohn3237@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  62. Very lovely. Sweet and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Love your muted blue background!

    ReplyDelete
  64. very pretty card, love the background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  65. GinaK's inks are the best I've used, and your card shows that. Thanks for the tip of using a grid with the MISTI to line up the stamps. Card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love this technique. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Pretty card! I love the blue sponged background.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Very pretty. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Really liking the background you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Beautiful butterfly.
    The background really
    makes him and the flowers
    pop.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Beautiful background, the black images look stunning against it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  72. I like how you used the masking in your design. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  73. So soft and sweet, yet elegant, too!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Very pretty! I love how you masked off the edges and lightly inked the background for the lovely Boho flowers and butterfly. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  75. So beautiful! Thank you for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Love the masked border on the bkgd. I never plan far enough ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Beautiful soft background and bold blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Very pleasing, soft creation. Great for any occasion and sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  79. Love the muted colours on your card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  80. I love the background color. It is so warm and comfy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs
Follow Me on Pinterest