Retro Rubber Challenge Blog - Baby Baby!

Tuesday, April 11, 2017



Hello everyone,

It's Donna here and Retro Rubber has a new challenge and it's to use baby critter's on your card.  To join the challenge, simply use a stamp one year old or older and the theme. It's so much fun to join Retro Rubber's challenges, we love seeing your projects! Don't forget to stop by the blog and see all the other design teams creations.

Image may contain: bird and text


Here is my card for your inspiration:



Here is how I created my card:

My card is an A2 card.  My image is from a Lawn Fawn set called Mom + Me, the set was released in February 2016.  I colored it with copics and used the die set to cut the images out.  I used a rectangle stitched die and cut the design paper out, I then cut a circle stitched die out of vellum to add my image onto it.  I used a stitched pennant and stamped the image and colored the word "baby" with copics.

Thanks again for stopping by, please don't forget to stop over at the Retro Rubber Challenge blog and join the fun and check out the beautiful projects the design team members have created. You have until April 21st to join in on the fun! Leave me a comment to tell me how you liked my card, I love to read them.

9 comments :

  1. Nothing warms my heart more than seeing how animals love their babies and your little owls are melting it right now! Love everything about this sweet card!! Your layers and textures are pitch perfect, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a loving and adorable central image - fantastic. The wee heart on the tree stump supports that loving family perfectly. My favourite element is that subtle vellum circle that focuses attention on the owls. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so darn cute Donna, I love Lawn Fawn stamps and you have coloured this one beautifully. I really like the vellum circle, behind the critters, it softens that part of the background really well. Is the paper Lawn Fawn too? Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, your mommy owl holding her little baby is just such an endearing image, love the paper and the vellum frame for your critters, a very sweet and beautiful card.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet images, and I like how you grounded the mother, baby, and greens with the vellum circle over the patterned paper. Coloring the baby really makes it pop! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The vellum circle is such a unique touch! It reminds me of a snow globe! Adorable critters and love them combined with the patterned paper!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, sorry it took me so long to come back around to your RRCB post but I had to let you know that I ADORE this stamp image!!! I love owls and this one takes the cake!! Love how you showcased them on vellum and continued the colors with the banner! My favorite card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna! Such a brilliant card! That vellum really makes those sweet owls pop - such a brilliant (sorry but it is!) idea! I have got to do this! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card, love all the faux stitching and the multicolored word "baby"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs
Follow Me on Pinterest