Retro Rubber Challenge #61 - Buttons

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Hello everyone,

I am here with Retro Rubber Challenge which is all about buttons.  This is a fun challenge, I hope you will join.  Buttons can always make a project stand out.  Here is the Challenge photo to help you in your creations.

No automatic alt text available.

For my card, I used some Stampin Up buttons out of my stash.  I thought they matched perfect with the paper I used, that was also in my stash also.  The sentiment on my card is from Stampin Up Petite Pairs which was released around August 2011.  This is a great set to have, there are so many different sentiments for every occasion, such as, baby cards, wedding, Valentines, sympathy cards, Christmas, you name it they have a sentiment in this set.

Here is how I put my card together:

I used an A2 card, cut the balloon paper at 5 1/2 x 4 1/4, the green layer is cut from a die, I added the sentiment, added the twine and used glue dots to add my buttons.  Very clean and simple card and perfect for any age birthday celebration.  



Thanks again for stopping by, please don't forget to stop over at the Retro Rubber Challenge blog and join the fun and check out the beautiful projects the design team members have created. You have until May 5th to join in on the fun! 


9 comments :

  1. I love this fun card. Anyone would love it for their birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way your button balloons mimic the balloons on the paper. The die you've used for the green rectangle is great. I do like your sentiment stamp - it predates my discovery of Stampin' Up and stamping in general, for which I'm sorry as it looks like a fantastic set to have,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna: What a fabulous pattern paper, love the little balloons with cute faces on them.
    And the design of your card is awesome, the button balloons look like the ones on the paper, so cute.
    Loved that sentiment set, I missed getting it, must hunt for it on Ebay.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic CAS card, Donna! I love the DSP and your use of buttons for balloons was a great idea. I really love your rounded corner framelit!! All details are spot on and the recipient will absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GAH! It's kinda obvious now I see your card - buttons as balloons!! Love your card and the colour scheme. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card just makes me so joyful! The colors, images, buttons, such a fun combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Balloon buttons! Very fun and the colors are great together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute and creative way to use buttons on your CAS birthday card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs
Follow Me on Pinterest